Making Up Stories: An Interactive, Playful Workshop - with Billy Tierney & David Westerlund
Time & Location
About the Event
Note - Pay what you are ABLE.
Our times are unprecedented. If money is tight, please use coupon code FREE, and Press the Black Square with the side arrow in it to activate and Register for Free.
If you are able to pay, please do, as it helps us out in these times.
We are storytelling creatures. We make up stories all the time. When we become aware of that, we will grow our ability to connect with others, assuming that we are indeed making assumptions.
In this engaging, interactive, and Playful Workshop we will, participate in Basic Applied Improvisation story games.
- get ready to laugh from the experience of connecting with each other
- play some simple applied improv games that bring joy
- learn the skill of being willing to let go of where you thought the story was going
- learn the Seven Part Story Spine to create epic stories in the moment
- have some fun!
Billy Tierney has an extensive background in performance improvisation, applied improv training for businesses and organizations, business management, marketing, and graphic design. After his work as General Manager and Artistic Director at Bellingham’s The Upfront Theatre, an improv theatre owned by Ryan Stiles, he joined the Whidbey Island Center for the Arts as their Marketing Director in late 2019. Billy’s interests are in problem solving, storytelling, stoicism, breathing deep, and technology.
Before the Workshop:
- Download zoom at zoom.us. The basic package, which gives you a lot, is FREE.
- Share this information with others to spread the word
- Read this super short blog post on the secrets of effective videoconferencing (from Seth Godin)
- Zoom link provided after you register.
Thanks! And see you soon!
AND please... take time for deep breaths, and for walks in the great outdoors!
- David and Billy
- Ticket to Play Improv on Zoom!$10$100$0